Answer by Abhishek Pandey:
Changes India require:
- Extensive use of technology for making health and other basic services reach the masses.
- Invest in research: make it attractive for graduates as much as engineering has/had become/became.
- Legislative Change: Make Fast-Fast Courts.Recruit more judges.Justice delayed IS justice denied. It is not just a cliche. It affects all parts of governance and demotivates and frustrates the honest lot.
- Become an innovation society : Accept, encourage and laud innovators and entrepreneurs. Make our colleges more focused on innovation.
- Change the teaching methodologies in colleges: Rote learning has degraded the quality and wears off interest of student in the subject.Read this outsiders take:
This can create a massive impact on developing our nation
- Respect women and make their life safer : Besides everything this will increase the workforce and workforce is what any developing nation needs.This will boost the tourism industry too.
- Implement real policies for development of farmers: Besides the goodwill it will generate, this will curb insurgency problem.
This needs to be done seriously as it affects largest demographic segment.
- Develop in house weapons: Save a lot of money as of now India is the largest importer of Israeli weapons.
- Make it easier to setup new companies
- Revise arcane laws.
Some Changes that Indian require:
- Become more aware about cleanliness: Spitting on road is not cool, neither is dumping garbage.
- Become less hypocritical: Be it about morality, corruption or tradition.Accepting dowry is not ok nor is giving it.
- Become less cynical: "Rich people are rich because they contributed something of value to society at some point of time."
- Know that "Arts and commerce students are not dumb",especially those who study it after 10th grade.:We need a lot of talent in these field to cope up with the myriad problems.
- Respect Researchers and Scientists.
- Paying for accessing services is not a bad thing: Be it train ticket or electricity.
- Queue formation: seriously, and the authorities need to do something about it too like considering demographic factors, peak hours for deciding number of counters, buses etc.
- Know that increasing GDP will not create developed nation:
- Know that a developing nation title is nothing to be proud of and demand more from the government when it shows this as an accomplishment.
There are a large number of things to do but these came at top of my head.